Thursday, July 15, 2010

This year's Walk for Grace

Hi Friends,

It's with a heavy heart that I've come to the decision not to run this years Walk for Grace in memory of the 4th anniversary of Grace's death. I'm just finding two large fundraisers a year too much to handle with two small babies under foot and very limited resources with regards to care for them. May ended up being an insanely hectic month with the 3rd Annual Golf for Grace as well as Naomi's first birthday. The insanity trickled over in to June with attempting to wrap up all required paperwork from the golf tourney, a business trip for Ian that extended it self into a Disney trip for Eli and Naomi which was then followed by a trip to Denver for me for a girlfriends wedding. I find my self mid July just wanting to spend the balance of my leave from work (I return mid December) just soaking up the wonderfulness of Eli and Naomi with out distraction. I'm heart broken that I can't "do it all", but "doing it all" I know will come at Eli and Naomi's expense. So instead of this years Walk, Eli and I will be cutting our hair on the 4th anniversary weekend of Grace's death and donating it to make wigs for children and women with cancer. It costs $1000 to produce each wig, so if you'd like to donate financially in memory of Grace please visit www.locksoflove.org for details. Again, this has been a very difficult decision, fundraising for Sick Kids is one of the few ways I feel I can still parent Grace, so I'm hopeful when I run the Walk in 2011 it will not have fallen off every one's radar. Thanks to each of you for your love and support of me and my family while we continue to navigate life without Grace physically with us. To date over $150,000 has been raised for brain tumour research in her memory. Further donations can be made to her fund by cheque made out to "Grace Compagnon Stanley Tribute Fund" and mailed to Sick Kids Foundation (525 University Ave., 14th Floor, T.O., M5G 2L3).

Mama misses you baby.
L~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home