Thursday, August 17, 2006

Spoke to Chicago

Hi Everyone,

Just got off the phone with the Scientist from Chicago. There are a few phase one studies that he feels Grace could qualify for. Of course things are not so easy. Grace will have to stay clinically stable without Chemo for 3 weeks prior to being accepted into a trail. These trials are phase one (meaning one step up from mouse medicine) but really what do we have to loose? This doc recommended we get a CT scan ASAP to determine whether the VP16 (chemo Grace is currently on ) is doing anything. If it is he recommends 1 more round of VP16, if it's not we may attempt to keep Grace off of it for 2 more weeks (she's already been off it 1 week as her "rest"week) in order to qualify for a study. We'll be at Sick Kids tomorrow being overbearing, obnoxious parents insisting on an immediate CT scan... we'll see how it goes.

Pray for our baby.
Love,
Les

1 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Hello. I am an American, living in Ontario now with my family. I am from Chicago though so wanted to let you know if you need any assistance at all with anything having to do with Chicago (now & if you get to go there), please let me know & I will see what I can do. You can email me at terrirhodes@hotmail.com.

Terri

11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home